Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Sorry I've been a little MIA this week with my blogging! It's been such a crazy time for me with Halloween and Taylor's birthday tomorrow. I can't believe she is almost 9! I've also been working on some scrappy stuff this week that I'll share soon!

Hope you had a happy and safe trick-or-treating time last night! Thought I'd pop in and just share some photos with you. Taylor and Kati are working on scooping out the pumpkins here last weekend. Taylor loves doing this every year, but it was Kati's first time and she didn't care for the smell of the inside of the pumpkins. ha She kept saying, "EWWW!"
This was my first time actually carving a design...like a cool design, not just eyes and a nose..ha My hubby did the bat and I did the spider! Which one do you like.. spider? YES, I thought so! ha (He says I'm too competitive.)On Thursday evening, Taylor and I made treats for her class to celebrate her birthday on Friday at school. I saw these uber cute mini caramel apples from a video that Melissa posted on her blog and had to give it a try! The super creative Alisa Bangerter showed some very cool ideas for Halloween treats. They were really easy to make and fun! Taylor's class LOVED them! Here is the video!
Next are some pics from Halloween last night. Kati couldn't decide what she wanted to be yesterday and kept changing her mind! She started out as a witch, which is what I thought she was going to be and then she decided to wear the princess crown instead, so I got pics of both! tee hee!
Taylor wanted to be something scary this year, so she chose to be a vampire. We did a trial run a few nights back with the make up and scared Kati half to death with the fake blood! Poor thing cried! So no fake blood this time.. and the vampire teeth didn't really work with the braces too well....
Here is Taylor giving her scary face...
I have to laugh because this is SO her!
Off down the driveway..she was SO excited!
I'll be back soon with some scrappy things!

16 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Looks like you all had a super fun time!
Great photos!!

Jennifer said...

looks like you had a great Halloween!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

great photos! your daughters are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

cute pics! looks like a fun halloween for the girls! :)

Danielle Holsapple said...

What yummy treats!!!! Your photos are tooooo fun! I love the skipping one!

Amy W. said...

oh Dani, those treats look so yummy! i wish we were allowed to bring in homemade goodies but our school has a policy...it must be store bought and sealed. :(

your pics are great! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like it 's been a fabulous moment ! Great pictures !

Lisa said...

Hey Dani, it's been so long since I've been blog surfing. I 've missed so much on here!! You just keep getting better and better I see. I adore this photo of your daughter, her feet aren't even touching the ground, now that's excitement, great shot!!

melody said...

fabulous pics chickie!
love that skippin one, too..perfect!

Melonie said...

The girls looks so super cute Dani!Hope you had a great night.

ellen s. said...

oh her skipping is too CUTE!

Annette said...

Your girls are just adorable Danielle! I love their costumes, they look so happy to be going trick-or-treating, I hope you had a fun night!

Davinie Fiero said...

Cute photos, Dani! I love how Kati changed up her outfit... it's always a scary thing to pick them out when they are this young, knowing how they change their minds.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how adorable your girls are! Love the costumes and love the pure joy on their faces. Halloween is such a busy time, but just so much fun.
Love your pumpkins, too. Think I've done that same bat before. I feel like I recognize that guy!

Anonymous said...

What super great photos!!!! My husband carved that same bat pumpkin! :)

Tracey Taylor said...

Fun stuff! That last photo is priceless!!